We already have a NUC image prepared. It was copied onto a SSD which, in combination with an USB stick with Clonezilla, can be used to 'flash' new NUCs.
- Insert both the SSD (via an USB adapter) and the stick with clonezilla into the NUC and power it on.
- Press F10 to get into the boot menu, and select the image on the clonezilla stick
- The process of using Clonezilla has already been documented here.
- Make sure to select 850_EVO as source - this is the image on the SSD. The NUCs usually use an M2 stick.
- Router settings: You need to register the MAC address of the NUC and set a fixed IP address for it, following the mask 192.168.1.2xx, where xx corresponds to the ID of the NUC. Check if that actually worked after setting it.
- Known hosts: You need to connect to the NUC (ssh email@example.com, no password required) once on the main computer to store it as known host (you will be requested to do so). Otherwise, uploads using "Deploy Distributed" in the LCC won't work remotely (so only locally, on the same machine, not on the NUC).
- LCC test: Boot the NUC (connected to the network via LAN) and see if it appears as being online in the LCC. This might take a while, but usually not more than 2 minutes.